WELCOME

Come follow me as I embark on a journey to simplify my life and rid myself of the physical baggage that is preventing me from living to the fullest.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Next Level

After attacking clutter in my home for the past 14ish months I have really let go of a lot of the big things. You know, those items that stick out like sore thumbs and you know that you're never going to use them or that they no longer serve a purpose in your life. An example of one of those was a beach umbrella I had. I live on the prairie and so we have a distinct lack of beaches and when we do go to a beach it usually involves a plane trip so it was highly unlikely that I was ever going to use the beach umbrella.

So now that those big, obvious items are out of my life and I've committed to seeing 500 objects leave my home this year and I am struggling with "what next".  Don't get me wrong I am still purging on a regular basis but feel that there are other obvious pieces of clutter that I should be seeing that I am not. So I went search the web and visited a few of my now favorite organizing, de-cluttering, and minimalist blogs.

I just happened upon this blog of Laura's and knew I had found my answer. This lady is getting really REAL with clutter and organization in her house. Her blog post titled Letting Go of Guilty Clutter got my attention. I know I have passed up getting rid of some things in my home because someone has given them to me and they may have special meaning. And while I may not agree with getting rid of something super sentimental without asking the individual if they would like it back, the concept of even identifying those things that are guilty clutter is one that I can really get on board with. So this week I am challenging myself to find 5 guilty clutter items that I can part with. This is going to be scary for me but I really wanted to push myself to a new level so here it goes. I'll post next week to let you know how it goes!

And check out my new purge totals so far this year.
Total Items: 202- almost 1/2 way there to my 500 goal 

-       Miscellaneous -22
-       clothing/accessories- 64
-       Office Supplies/Books- 62
-       Kitchen items- 36
-       Hair/Beauty- 16
-       Tools- 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment