WELCOME

Come follow me as I embark on a journey to simplify my life and rid myself of the physical baggage that is preventing me from living to the fullest.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

$170


I am working towards making these posts a regular thing on Sunday nights. My Sundays are typically the day that I use to wind up for the week ahead, reflect on what the last week was like, plan my coming week and reflect on life in general. At the risk of making this overly philosophical I will stop there- just know that I do a lot of planning, thinking etc. in my head on a day to day basis with the peak of this planning occurring on Sundays!

So now that I've gotten that off my chest I would like to share with you why this post is titled $170. Well that is the exact dollar amount that I've made selling clothing out of my closet over the past 3 months. Not too shabby hey? I was pretty proud of myself. To think that instead of hoarding clothes for so long I was actually hoarding close to $200. We're not talking a bunch of high end, brand name clothes either. These were your run of the mill everyday, normal people clothes. that's what's so amazing about it!!

I have now "liquidated" that money and can use it on things that I really need or something that I've had my eye on for some time but haven't had the funds to buy. It was pretty easy too, just contacting a local consigner, cleaning and pressing my clothes, taking them over there, and then picking up the $ when my time was up.

What would you do with an extra $170 dollars? How much money do you think you are "holding" onto and not letting yourself access. I would challenge you to think about that and think about selling some of your own clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment